2022 Non-Fiction Reader Challenge Completed


I started the 2022 Non-Fiction Reader Challenge at the beginning of the year, joining again after enjoying the concept in 2021. As in that year, I chose to read a book in each of the twelve categories, some of which I wouldn’t have chosen otherwise (like economics, weather, or linked to a podcast).

The categories, with my choices:

1.  Social History - Kindred: Neanderthal Life, Love, Death and Art by Rebecca Wragg Sykes
2.  Popular Science - The Big Necessity: Adventures in the World of Human Waste by Rose George
3.  Language - Word by Word: The Secret Life of Dictionaries by Kory Stamper
4.  Medical Memoir - My Lobotomy: A Memoir by Howard Dully
5.  Climate/Weather - The Secret World of Weather by Tristan Gooley
6.  Celebrity - The Hottentot Venus by Rachel Holmes
7.  Reference - The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook by Joshua Piven and David Borgenicht
8.  Geography - A Phenomenology of Landscape by Christopher Tilley
9.  Linked to a Podcast - Dirty John by Christopher Goffard
10. Wild Animals - Cod: A Biography of the Fish That Changed the World by Mark Kurlansky
11. Economics - Invisible Women: Exposing Data Bias in a World Designed for Men by Caroline Criado Perez
12. Published in 2022 - Queens: Women in Power Through History by Phyllis G. Jestice

The books I enjoyed the most were Kindred and Invisible Women for the information I learned, and Word by Word for the writing and subject matter. I didn’t like Dirty John because it was boring. I’m glad I read all of the books, though, for reasons I mention in the reviews.

Comments

  1. Congratulations! Thanks for your participation. I hope you choose to join us in 2023.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely joining the 2023 Challenge. I'm already planning the first book! Thanks for the inspiration.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!!!! I'm planning to do this challenge for 2022! Compiling my books as we speak!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm looking forward to reading your Challenge reviews.

      Delete
  3. Congrats, I love the variety in the books you chose for the prompts and well done on getting through ALL of them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I love to read, I really don't deserve congratulations, but thank you! I love the name of your blog :)

      Delete
  4. That's terrific that you read in all the categories. Invisible Women sounds fascinating and important.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment