2021 Nonfiction Reader Challenge


I read about the 2021 Nonfiction Reader Challenge on the website Book'd Out during the final week of 2020. The website's stated aim of this challenge is "to encourage you to make nonfiction part of your reading experience during the year."

Since nonfiction is already part of (or most of) my reading experience each year, I thought it would be interesting to rise to this challenge.

"The challenge will run from January 1st to December 31st 2021. Participants may join at any time up until December 1st 2021."



There are 3 goals to choose from:

  1. Nonfiction Nipper: Read 3 books, from any category
  2. Nonfiction Nibbler: Read 6 books, from any category
  3. Nonfiction Know-It-All: Read 12 books, one for each category

The categories:

  1. Biography
  2. Travel
  3. Self-help
  4. Essay Collection
  5. Disease
  6. Oceanography
  7. Hobbies
  8. Indigenous Cultures
  9. Food
  10. Wartime Experiences
  11. Inventions
  12. Published in 2021

Of course, considering myself a nonfiction know-a-lot, I'm planning to reach the goal of Nonfiction Know-It-All. Looking at the categories, though, I realize that although I read a lot of nonfiction, I don't think I've ever read "wartime experiences" or "oceanography." And I don't usually like self-help books, but I'm looking forward to discovering - and learning - something new.

For more information about the challenge, go to the Book'd Out website:   https://bookdout.wordpress.com/2021-nonfiction-reader-challenge/

Comments

  1. Delighted you’ll be joining in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delighted you are joining the Nonfiction Reader Challenge! I look forward to you sharing your reads

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment